REAL Kitchen Nightmares anyone? During a routine inspection, we discovered this death trap! Someone had fitted a kitchen cupboard (top shown in foreground) so close to the consumer unit, they had removed the cover to allow access to the circuit breakers! This left bare live(!) wires and copper bars exposed to the touch. Although not obvious in the photo (we had to squeeze the camera between the ceiling and cupboard!), the height of the cupboard overlapped the switches, preventing the consumer cover being fitted. Anyone simply placing a pan on the top of this unit, could have been killed! The house turned out to be full of electrical horrors, so seeing this set the tone for one of the worst inspections we’ve ever seen.
 
No respectable tradesman would ever leave something like this. If you think you have anything similar call us on 01772 615428, or call another qualified electrician – just don’t touch it yourself!
 
Kitchen Nightmares!