We often wonder if all Electricians in Preston spend their time photographing bits of burnt plastic!
There’s no escaping the fact Currelec is seeing lots of poor connections and wiring problems on downlighters, resulting in failure, overheating and obvious danger.


We are running our own campaign of replacing old, inefficient downlighters with modern LED units, especially chosen for the customer’s desired location. This not only reduces the energy consumption by up to 90%, but it also reduces this risk of load-induced overheating and obviously the danger too. We only fit fire rated downlighters, which are also safer than the old type, together with the latest bright LEDs. We know times are hard, but this can be a real energy-saving measure which will pay for itself, for your home. It can really transform the look of your kitchen, too! So, maybe it really is time for a change?


Burnt Connector

Leave a Reply